Saturday 24 March 2012

Effie Trinket Inspired Nails (Pink and Gold)

Hey!
I watched the Hunger Games on Thursday and it was absolutely amazing! I've been a fan of the books for about a year and a fan of Josh Hutcherson since I was about twelve (I even put his face all over my wood tech project that year!) so it was good to finally see the film version. Whilst watching, I noticed Effie Trinket's pink and gold lipstick and thought it would make a good nail design, but a few seconds later, I saw the costume designers had already thought of that! 


This is the best photo I could find of Effie (played by Elizabeth Banks) and her nails: 




It's not great, but you get the idea. So to begin with, I painted my nails with a base coat and then a bright pink. I'm not big on pink or red nails, so I used the only one I had, which was Barry M Shocking Pink


From what I saw, this pink was an almost perfect match so it was lucky I had it! With a make-up sponge (although I'm sure if you were careful, you could use some scrunched up tissue or something), I then sponged on some orangey gold polish to the top half, focusing on the tips. I tried a yellowy gold first, but it didn't look quite right, so I switched to a Max Factor polish that I couldn't see the name of. I THINK it may have been called Bronze but I got it a few years ago so the colour could be different now. Anyway...LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!





I had rotated them and saved it about ten times but apparently Quincey (my laptop) was not in the mood so you will have to deal with wonky photos taken at odd angles. I don't think the photos do it justice either. It was really easy to do and looks basically exactly the same as the ones Elizabeth Banks had in the movie!


Goodbye, butterfly :)

3 comments:

  1. What lovely nails you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats beautiful! im thinking the same look, but with navy blue polish and silver glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rubbish when it comes to painting my own nails. I therefore ordered a set of fake ones, which I can patiently paint and then apply on..so that's how I stumbled across you. I particular love this design..and your blog name..I love Ice Cream too!:)

    ReplyDelete